Terms and Conditions

For Emergencies and Crimes in Progress, call 911

What may be reported online?

If you are not reporting an emergency or a crime actively in progress, the following crimes or occurrences may be reported online if they occurred within the City of Tacoma limits:

  • Identity Theft

    Somone uses your Social Security number or other personal information to open new accounts, file for unemployment, make a purchase, get a tax refund, or any other manner in order to garner personnel financial gain.

  • Theft

    The wrongful taking of personal property, not including firearms, vehicles, or vehicle license plates.

  • Vehicle Prowl

    Property has been unlawfully taken from inside of a vehicle, or an attempt to take property from inside of a vehicle has been made.

  • Vandalism or Destruction of Property

    Physical damage caused to another person's property; writing, painting, drawing, or marking of any property with paint, ink, markers, or other substance.

  • Lost Property

    Missing or misplaced property; property with no readily identifiable owner.

What may not be reported online?

For the following crimes or occurrences please call the Tacoma Police non-emergency number at (253) 287-4455:

  • Crimes of violence (call 911)
  • Stolen or lost guns
  • Stolen or lost license plates
  • Stolen or lost vehicles
  • Vehicle accidents
  • Vehicle hit and runs

For non-criminal matters such as complaints or code violations, please contact the City of Tacoma Customer Support Center at 311 or from outside the city (253)591-5000 or online at TacomaFIRST311.